4th Annual Blue Jay 5K adds some color to their world

Cheyenne Morrow, Staff Writer

Key Club is teaming up with JMES PTA to put on this year’s 5k run/walk and the new 1/2 mile kids run. Something unique about this year’s Blue Jay 5k is that colorful powder is being incorporated throughout the race. The race takes place at Jackson-Milton High School throughout the nature trail on Sunday May 29, 2016.

The 5k color run begins at 9:30 am and the kid’s 1/2 mile run begins at 8:45 am.

Registration is available the day of the race starting at 7:45 am at the back of the high school or online at secondsoleohio.com. For each adult the registration fee is $25 and for each student it is $10. Kids 10 years old and younger get in for free; however, they must register in order to be able to attend. T-shirts are included in the registration fee for students and adults.

There are ten different age groups for the adults for both males and females.  Awards are given to the first 3 overall men and women finishers as well as the top 3 finishers in each age group. Special awards will also be given to the finishers of the kids run.

There will be a DJ playing music during the race as well. Concluding the race there will be refreshments available, including Kona Ice. The Key Club and JMES PTA will also be raffling off a pair of Beats by Dre headphones, a fitbit, and several gift cards. The raffle will be drawn at the conclusion of the race. In order to win however, the person must be present. Members of Key Club and the JMES PTA hopes to see a big crowd this year to help celebrate the 4th annual Blue Jay 5k.