Key Club hosts Easter Egg event for JMES students

Paige Grope

Easter Egg Hunts always get the students excited and competitive. Well, Jackson Milton’s Key Club hosted an Easter Egg hunt for the Elementary students on the track at the High School. There were 2000 stuffed eggs and the students even got to see the Easter Bunny. The elementary students lined up on the track in three or four lines. They were let go one at a time in each row to go and pick up two eggs each. They then were able to run back into line and empty their eggs. The high school students in Key Club lined the track and cheered on the kids as they ran to get their eggs. The Easter Bunny was alongside our Bluejay mascots  and all the students were so happy to see the Easter bunny.

Key Club advisor Mrs. Fishtorn says, “We stuffed about 2000 eggs. The egg hunt went great. The kids love seeing the Easter Bunny along with our mascots there to help keep the event fun.”

Key Club President Paige Grope stated, “The Easter Egg hunt is always a success. The students love seeing the Easter bunny and picking out which eggs they want.” She continued, “The students were so excited to empty their eggs and see the amount of candy they were receiving. Being able to see the impact on the students is what makes these events so special.”

Overall, Key Club hosts this event every year and it is a huge success.