Football team makes HISTORY

WYTV

Tyler Phillips, Staff Writer

JM makes playoffs

Jackson-Milton’s football team made it to the Division 7 Region 23 Ohio state playoffs. The 2015 football team is the first Jackson-Milton team to make it to the playoffs in history. The Bluejays had to play Mineral Ridge week 10 and if they beat Ridge they would be able to excel to week 11 in the playoffs to play Mogadore.

The Jays had beat Mineral Ridge 17 to 7 and the Jays will be going to the playoffs. The fans in the stands stormed the field and stood out there to celebrate with the team for an extra hour after the game. There were so many pictures taken and there have never been so many smiles and, “Congratulations,” given to the football team before. Then the celebration had been over as soon as they got onto the bus because now they needed to get ready for the first playoff game the program has ever seen.

The players had a regular week of practice and were fed, as usual, on Thursday night. Coach Assion had the players chant “beat Moggy” because “beat Mogadore” doesn’t flow very well. Then, on Friday there was a huge assembly to send off the football team. The whole elementary and high school was invited to this assembly. After the assembly the boys loaded the bus and were escorted. There was a police car in front of the bus and about 10 cars and a fire truck behind the bus. There were tons of people lined up on the road cheering like it was a parade. But, after that was gone the players were completely quiet, probably thinking about all of the suspense on this game.

After the long ride, they pulled into Mogadore school and got off of the bus and went into the locker room and got ready for the biggest game in their life. The game started and it was a good fight.  Mogadore scored first but the Bluejays scored right after in the next possession.

In the end, the Jays had lost to Mogadore and the Bluejay season was over. But, the Bluejays had made history.  There it was up on the football banner, the year “2015” under the playoffs section. The first. Time. Ever.