Blue Jay Soccer team kicks up their heels in a new location

Samantha Metts, Staff Writer

Photo courtesy of John Popio (Robert Senn Studio)

This year, the soccer team had 17 players on their Co-Ed team. They also got a new first year coach, Cody Vaughn. They have a total of 22 games this season and recently moved the home field to the new track facility between the elementary school and the high school.  They have played a total of 10 games and have many more to go. Their last home game was October 12th against United Local which was the senior night for Samantha Metts.

This past two weeks the Jackson Milton Co-Ed soccer team had a game away at South Range, the Jackson team lost 8 to 0. But the soccer team worked as one, not just for the outcome but to become closer as a family. On Monday October 12th, 2015 Jackson’s last home game against United. The score was 8 to 1. With the only senior Samantha Metts scored a goal in the last 15 minutes in the second half.

On October 20th 2015 the Jackson-Milton soccer team traveled southwest to Canton Central Catholic High School for their tournament game.  The Blue Jays lost a tough battle against the Gladiators with a total score of 6-0 at the end of the second half. This was the end of the season of the Jackson-Milton Blue Jay soccer team’s season and they will return next fall ready to play. The team would like to thank everyone that came out to support us and the community as well.

Roster

Samantha Metts (Sr.)

Travis Tikkanen (Jr.)

Scott Mitchell (Jr.)

James Auden ( Jr.)

Anthony Graham (Jr.)

Dalton Vasko (Jr.)

Jerimah McAdams (Jr.)

Tanner  Balsinger (Jr.)

Chloe Maffei (Jr.)

Kobie Southwick (Soph.)

Jordan Fitzpatrick (Soph.)

Peyton Delgado (Soph.)

Alex Simkins (Soph.)

Charlie Liggett (Soph.)

Kyla Teeters (Fresh.)

Chloe Clear (Fresh.)

Matt Collins (Fresh.)