JMHS Cheerleeaders head to State competition for a 3rd season!

Tiffany Tingler

The Jackson-Milton cheerleaders competed on March 5th at Big Walnut High School, located in Sunbury, Ohio, for their state competition for their cheerleading season. The team included: seniors Kelsey Hamm and Abbigail Yavorsky, junior Malina Funes-Kendrick, sophomore Caty Carnes, and freshmen Abigail Bueno, Alaynah Cefalde, and Peyton Ford. The girls placed second in their game day routine, and placed 10th overall in the elite competition.

Sophomore cheerleader Caty Carnes says, “We prepared through many, many months of hard work and dedication. We placed decently, but are hoping to excel further next season.”

The girls had many practices for their routine for the state competition.

Freshman and cheerleader Peyton Ford says, “I went into this competition with the girls, we’ve worked hard every single practice and put immense effort into our routines. I could never have been more happy to perform with them! We knew going into the comp that there was a huge range of talent that we were going against. We tried our hardest and put our best effort into one final performance. I couldn’t have asked for more, everyone was crying and celebrating by the end.”

The coaches of these girls worked very hard helping these girls and getting them to always do their best.

Amanda Ford, one of the cheer coaches, says, “Our JM Cheer Team went to Big Walnut High School in Sunbury, OH on 3/05/23 to the OASSA State championships. We knew the competition was going to be tough this year, but that did not stop our girls from putting their all into each routine. They left everything on the mat. Coach K and I couldn’t be more proud of our team.”

The Jackson-Milton cheerleaders worked very hard this year, and students and teachers in the school got to see their state routine and just how hard they work. The girls can not wait for their next competition season!  Way to go girls!