JMHS Wrestling Season 2023 Update

Dustin Gay

The Jackson-Milton Wrestling team for the 2022-2023 included Trent Joseph, Owen McDevitt, Gavin White, Jaden Scott, Camron Lynn, Lucas Sokol, Colton Lynn, Cole Capelli, Kristopher Gay, Jack McDevitt, Brock Piatt, Brock Bray, Dom Porter, and Brayden Greathouse. The coaches that led these boys to victory were Brain Weidenthal, Dave Tomaino, Jason Spencer, and David Shannon. The first meet the boys participated in, they had a great time and all did really well. The Jays sent 7 wrestlers to districts and they then competed at the Northeastern D III Districts hosted by Perry High School. The Boys competed both days and finished 15th out of 50 schools! The wrestlers kept fighting to make their way through the competition and ended up making a spot to finish in the top 4!

The boys had a strong performance by the two freshman Jack McDevitt and Brock Piatt which were then eliminated in the consolation quarterfinal round. The wrestlers were also led by sophomore Jayden Scott and Gavin White. Gavin White was able to secure his consolation quarterfinal, but then fell in the consolation semifinal. After sophomore Jayden Scott lost the first round he was able to come back, but then later fell in his consolation semi final.

Senior Owen McDevitt went state bound this season! His hard work meant he was able to earn another ticket to the State tournament with a 2nd place finish and is now a 2x OHSAA State qualifier! The wrestling team can’t wait for next year’s 2023-2024 season!