Fishbowl Graphics is growing each year

Fishbowl Graphics is growing each year

Anthony Eppendorfer

Jackson-Milton local school district brought on a new class into the 2017-2018 school year, and it is still here to stay. Stephen Mohr is in charge of creative entrepreneurship, also known as Fishbowl Graphics, this will be Mohr’s third year teaching. This year the class size is about 16 people and its grown in size every year. He is teaching kids leadership and responsibility by having the kids operate their own business out of Jackson-Milton High School.

The students are taught how to make business plans, meet deadlines, and operate a functioning business. They have had several small jobs that have been completed and with each job the quality of the work is increased. They have completed job orders of banners, and other things such as t-shirts or hoodies.

This year they have a metal engraving machine that they plan to do custom jewelry.

Student Shane Davis, stated, “I really enjoy having the class in the school to see the products they produce.”

The students next project for the class is making tickets for pasta dinners for churches. While they have to produce different shirts and banners, they have to treat and maintain it like a regular business. They have to build a business plan to show to investors who may want to invest in their company.  This plan showcases why their company is better and will have a stable income to keep it alive and successful.

Chris Biggs, a student of Fishbowl Graphics states, “We’ve definitely got off to a pretty good start and already had a few orders early on in the year.  After completing a few orders though we now seem to have everything under control and we are striving for greatness.”

This year they are also designing a Snapchat filter for the JM athletic department. Many of the other students feel the same way, with every order the students are learning more and more.

The staff and students are looking forward to seeing all of the new items the class will produce