New Technology at JM for 2019-20 school year

Sierra Smallwood

Jackson-Milton has been implementing technology into the school curriculum a lot as of late. More student computers and a brand new smart board in every classroom has the school learning in a quicker and more modern stance.

The smartboards are the focus of the school technology this year with how similar they are to a giant touch screen computer, seeing as they can connect to the internet, can be hooked up to screen share with another device, and can even stream movies or shows, it is an accurate comparison. Though there are still a few bugs, as there always is with something so new, that have been seen, like complications with screen sharing. The buzz on the new technology has its highs and lows. 

Mrs. Condon, better known as Mrs.C, said it was “Better lit, so it’s easier to see no matter how much light is in the room. I can use the whole screen! (The old projector only shone on 75% of the board) I don’t have to constantly recalibrate the touch screen and more than one person can write/use it at the same time.”

Mrs. Condon stated, “Like any new technology, it takes some time to play with it and get comfortable with it, and since we just had them installed, it will take time for us to get confident with all the features. It is much more sensitive (you don’t even have to touch it to register your touch) so I keep bumping things accidentally.”

With how much the new technology affects the school as a whole, even some of the students have some things to say on the matter.

Kaylie Carson, a senior on the golf team, states that the only difficulty sh found was, “There is a slight delay between the computer and the board.”

Many students find the new technology to be a true improvement on the school.  Sophomore Jasmine Scott finds the new to tech to be, “Quicker then the previous one, I have not experienced any difficulties, and they definitely have better connection.”

All in all, Jackson-Milton has jumped another hurdle in the world of teaching, opening new doors for students to learn in order to be successful high school graduates.