2018 Volleyball update

Camryn Mitchell

Jackson-Milton High School Lady Jays Volleyball Team have had a few up and down this past season.  With conditioning and open gyms starting in June and July, and actual season play in August.

Our varsity record is 3-8, although the record is not very high on the win side, every time the lady’s step out on the court they play their hearts out.

Now for our JV on the other hand their record is 6-5, these ladies also have played and continue to play to the best of their abilities.

One of the fellow teammates sophomore, Dana Saunders, on the High School team says, “ Despite what the record says I truly believe no other team plays with the amount of heart and pride like the Lady Jays do. Starting in early June with camps, open gym, and conditioning. I believe in the amount the progress we have made is amazing. Some of our amazing game such as South Range, where we made a huge comeback and won the game, was an amazing night for us. On the other hand, some of our not so good games such as Springfield where the lady’s fought but couldn’t quite come out on top.”

Another teammate has some few words to say as well. Freshman Sadie Christoff says, “ Our two teams have had some tough battles but that doesn’t stop us from trying our best to succeed next game. Our teams never quit and continue to play to our full potential each and every game.”

Volleyball is a difficult sport to get the hang of but that clearly doesn’t stop the Lady Jays. They still have many games left till they will end the season. The ladies continue to push themselves every day to success. When they do not have games they have practice. Hard work pays off, and the Lady Jays can tell you all about that. They work very well together to get the job done.

The last week against Mineral Ridge and Western Reserve, both friendly rivals,  the Jays didn’t come out on top but they still fought till the very end.

The players of the team have to be very committed and or dedicated. Noelle Phillips, a sophomore at Jackson-Milton says, “I love this team with everything in me, this past year has been nothing but fun and endless moments with my girls. No matter what the record says we always manage to stay on our feet and never give up. If a player makes a mistake we go and encourage that player to get the next one, it is very fun to win but if the outcome is not how we would of liked we shake it off and prepare for the next one.”

Another player on the team, Logan Grunder, also a sophomore at Jackson-Milton says, “The year is coming to an end but that does not  take away how hard we will play, we fight until the last point the lady’s never give up and are always ready to play.”

As you can see the Lady Jays don’t give up and continue to work hard every single day getting better and better.

Sadly having to say goodbye to the seniors of this year, Ashley Cameron and Taylor Sahli the lady’s can not wait to come out next year and defend the nest. You really can’t hide the Lady Blue Jay pride.

The girls played great together, ending the season with 9 wins and 13 losses.

Megan Fultz stated, “We’re like family, we treat are teammates like we want to be treated.”

Coach Craig stated, “The girls care about the sport they come to all their practices and they work really hard to get to where they are now. The girls worked really hard this year and I’m very proud of all of them I hope to see them all next year.”