Cross Country runners start the season strong

Michaelina Terranova, Staff Writer

Cross Country is not just about the race, but simply about what exactly is needed to prepare yourself for the race. Cross Country is also a team sport that requires each individuals best efforts. The 2017 Jackson-Milton Cross Country team has some special individuals that are running their best this season and are looking forward to tournament time.

They start conditioning in heat of July and the season will typically end towards the end of October. This year though, the high school boys team has what it takes to compete at the next level.  At the beginning of the season, the Blue Jays competed at Woodland Park in McDonald, Ohio.

The second meet of the season they competed at Austintown Township park, this was the first suburban league meet held every week on a Tuesday. The Blue Jays soared high and competed at an amazing level. In the high school girls race, Michaelina Terranova competed her best and was able to pull away with a first place finish. The high school boys team also competed well and had the first five runners on the team place in the top 25. With their places, they were able to come home with a second place win.

The Blue Jays traveled to Boardman High School for the Spartan Invitational. This race was the halfway point of the season. The high school boys team, while missing one of their top runners, placed 22nd out of 32 other teams spreading across all of Ohio and Pennsylvaina.

The Jackson-Milton Cross Country team is a team you should come out and watch, you will not be disapointed!