Ashley Totani joins 1000th point club!

Michael Spencer, Staff Writer

On January 27th, the Jackson-Milton varsity girls basketball team traveled to take on the Mcdonald Blue Devils. The Bluejays came out of the night with a win but the main thing talked about was Ashley Totani of Jackson-Milton scoring her thousand points.

Ashley’s twin sister Kaitlyn scored her 1,000 about two weeks ago and her sister Ashley was not too far behind. When asked on how she achieved this milestone, Ashley said, “My dad and I made this goal for me before my freshman year started.” She also added that she couldn’t have achieved her goal without her teammates.

Ashley and her sister spent hours in gym whether it was shooting free throws, dribbling, playing defense on each other, or passing the ball to each other all to achieve these goals that their father set for them to be completed by their senior year.

Ashley and Kaitlyn both have colleges looking at them hoping to give them scholarships to play for their school. When asked if she plans to play for a college basketball team Ashley said, “Yes, my sister and I both look to continue our basketball career at the next level.”

With the Totani sisters as seniors, the Blue Jays will lose 3 seniors in total but have a very talented team behind them as well. The Jays have a very talented upcoming senior class, a small but talented upcoming junior class, and an extremely talented upcoming sophomore class. Ashley and the Blue Jay team look to continue their great season in the upcoming girls tournament.