Kaitlyn Totani scores 1,000th point!

Kaitlyn Totani scores 1,000th point!

Michael Spencer, Staff Writer

On January 9th at an away game against Sebring Mckinley the Blue Jays point guard, Kaitlyn Totani, scored her 1,000th point of her high school career with ten plus games still left to go. Kaitlyn has been a valuable player to the Jays since freshman year where she started to play for the varsity team.

Kaitlyn said, “ I couldn’t have done it without my teammates, they give me so many opportunities to score each and every game.”

The Jackson-Milton girls varsity basketball team has had a great season so far this year with a current record of 17-3. The Lady Jays are looking to go back to the regional finals again this year as they just continue to win. The Lady Jays’ three loses are from South Range, Lisbon, and Columbiana which are all very good teams.

Kaitlyn’s twin sister, Ashley Totani, is also closing in on scoring her 1,000th point as the season is coming to an end. As seniors they are a big scoring piece to the Lady Jays team but there are also many other skilled players on this team.

Junior Michaelina Terranova is a defensive player on the court and is on course to score 1,000 points for her senior season.

Head Coach Pat Kenny is very proud of his girls and would like to take the team even further than they went last year in the girls tournament. The Lady Jays have three seniors playing this season including Kaitlyn, Ashley, and Katie Rago.  They have a very skilled junior class, a smaller sophomore class, and a very large and impressive freshman class on the team. Congratulations to Kaitlyn on your 1,00th point and to the rest of the Lady Jays on a job well done.