2016 Boys Basketball preview

Eric Ostrowski, Staff Writer

After a rough season last year, the boys are looking to bounce back stronger than ever this year. With a new coach and attitude, the team is looking to turn things around.

The Blue Jays have a strong core of six seniors, and many underclassmen will help too. The seniors are Braden Nagy, Clayton Maskarinec, Austin Christopher, Noah Laster, Johnathon Voland, and Eric Ostrowski. They will be looked at as leaders all season, and they will play a majority of the minutes.

Juniors Taylor Kleinknecht and Guy Costello and sophomores Paul Bortz and David Vega will also be a big help to the success of the team. The boys open up in two weeks on the road at Southeast High School. The team is really looking forward to changing the culture.

“All we want to do is win,” said senior Braden Nagy, “we know we have the talent and the coaching to do so. I’m really looking forward to it.”

First year head coach Steve Procopio, a former Warren JFK assistant, has been working with the team since his hiring to make them successful.

“He has been doing a great job so far. He has everyone buying in and the team is looking really good. Teams aren’t going to expect us to do anything, but they will be surprised,” said senior Clayton Maskarinec.

The boys have a lot of confidence and it should be fun to watch.