Key Club makes a difference in the community

Lyndsey Wyant, Staff Writer

Key Club is a student-led organization for high schoolers who want to try and help others. The Jackson-Milton Key Club is advised by Miss Amendolara through the Western Mahoning Kiwanis. The members volunteer in many activities and visit places such as: Retirement homes, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, etc. This program is set up for kids to come together and make a positive stand within these communities. The purpose of Key Club is to help serve children and get them to succeed.

The club is out there for students to participate in helping find/making homes for the homeless, tutoring younger children, helping run events for elders at retirement homes, and so on. Internationally, Key Club hosts fundraising for different organizations, such as an African program called Grassroots Soccer United. That particular program is dedicated to helping combat AIDS, UNICEF. Key Club brings together all of the members’ efforts and energies into an area that makes a global impact, “Children: Their Future, Our Focus.” Key Clubs are united under the banner of service that deals with the most important part of our community, our youth.

Key Club helps students and other community members gain confidence, leadership, character building, etc.

Overall, the purpose of Key Club is to assist, help, and come together as a group and do nice things for communities. They take charge and do things for others and nice gestures to make living and learning easier, better, and more fun for others.

The club activities are divided by districts, they are separated into multiple smaller geographic regions called divisions. Each division is made up of several clubs and is led by a Lieutenant Governor from the area. The purpose of the governor is to lead and host the events and give instructions, fulfills responsibilities for the club and club activities. Lt. Governor is also left with the responsibilities of collaborating with other governors and organizing training conferences with the clubs.