JM Student Athlete of the Month program honors students

Shane Davis, Staff Writer

Congratulations to the student Athlete of the Month Award winners, Sierra Huff and Mikey Zayas. The Athlete of the Month Award is an award that goes to the two athletes that coaches felt deserve the award. The Athletic Council which is made up of all Varsity Head Coaches for Boys and Girls High School sports teams voted on the award winners.

These athletes were nominated by their head coach for a fall team. “There are no qualifications to win the award but we asked the head coaches to select an athlete that meant a lot to the team both off and on the playing field and an athlete that represents the school in a good way,” said Mr. Hogue.

Sierra Huff is a Jackson-Milton High School senior.  Sierra plays Volleyball and runs Track.

Mikey Zayas is a MCCTC High School Junior. Mikey plays Basketball and runs Cross Country.

The school will also be doing a “Student-Athlete Honor Roll.” This will be for student-athletes in both the high school and the middle school. The same people that selected athlete of the month and the middle school coaches will be honoring any student-athlete that earns a 3.5 and above in each of the nine weeks. The school also will be putting a banner in each of the gyms to honor these student athletes.