Cross Country

Cross+Country

Eric Ostrowski, Staff Writer

The 2016 cross country team has been having a solid year. They have run in 8 meets so far this year, and many of the members have placed in those meets. Michaelina Terranova, Jeremy Seka, Devan Christoff, and Anthony Pizzuto are among the team’s best runners. They all have finishing times around 12 to 14 minutes, which is very good for cross country runners. They practice everyday and are constantly working on their times. The whole team is excited for the upcoming invitationals, and they are all competing for a spot at the invitationals.

The last ITCL championship meet is one of these invitationals. A few of the runners have stated that the ITCL meet is one of the most important because they want to win the league and win the last ITCL title. Devan Christoff said, “Placing in the ITCL is huge because it gives you bragging rights over the rest of the league. There’s a lot of school pride in it.” Although the ITCL is important, many of the runners want to advance in the state tournament meets, including sectionals, districts, etc. “As a high school runner, you definitely want your best times to come at the end of the year so even if you don’t advance in the tournament, you still have the satisfaction of ending your season on a good note,” Christoff added. The season’s end is nearing, so the pressure to perform is increasing. All runners are reaching their peak right now, so the upcoming meets should be interesting.

Michaelina Terranova placed 20th at Districts earning her a spot at Regionals in Boardman.  The boys team just missed advancing to Regionals as a team.  Congratulations on a great season!