Cheerleading tryouts around the corner

VICTORY+Cry%21

VICTORY Cry!

Courtney Macphee, Staff Writer

Cheerleading tryouts at Jackson-Milton take place in the spring every year. Cheer Time Athletics is paid by Jackson-Milton to come to the school to host the cheerleading clinics and tryouts themselves. The cheer tryout process is three days long that usually takes place after school from 3pm-6pm.

Day one of cheer tryouts is based around reviewing basic motions, jumps, learning the cheers, and half of the dance that will be performed at tryouts.

Day two is based around learning the second half of the tryout dance and reviewing all things learned in the last two days.

To tryout at Jackson-Milton, the only thing needed is a good attitude and a lot of school spirit. Unlike most schools, you do not need previous cheerleading experience to tryout. Tryouts are based on how well your motions are, how loud you are for the cheers, and how well you execute the dance all while keeping a smile.

For tryouts, teacher evaluations are a big part that counts toward your score. A teacher evaluation is given by the person wanting to try out, and the teacher fills it out and gives it to the office to be kept confidential. The teacher evaluations are put into play to make sure that student shows leadership, good work ethic, and is responsible. Anyone wanting to tryout should definitely keep an eye out for any announcements regarding tryouts and should bring their best attitude and smile to tryouts.