New class offers preparation for college

Cheyenne Morrow, Staff Writer

Anatomy and Physiology is a new science course that was offered to high school students at Jackson-Milton for the 2015-2016 school year. This year was the first year that the anatomy and physiology class was offered. The only prerequisite is students wishing to go into the anatomy and physiology class must take the college biology class the first semester. Although the anatomy and physiology class is not offered for college credit, it is still a very beneficial class to take to prepare students for college. The students have already started this semester with labs, presentations and tests. Dissections will take place later in the semester. Future dissections include cow eye, sheep heart, sheep kidney, sheep brain, and fetal pig.

Mr. Mohr is the teacher for this course. When he was asked what he thought about this course he commented, “It is a continuation of college readiness. It goes along with the college credit plus class and is definitely one of the more rigorous classes that Jackson-Milton offers. Hopefully, in the near future, we can make this class available to the general public so they get the opportunity to experience this class for themselves as well as the college credit plus students.”

The Anatomy and Physiology class is an amazing course to prepare students who have plans to go to college, especially those who plan to pursue a career in the medical field. Hopefully, the Anatomy and Physiology class continues to thrive and more students get the opportunity to experience this class for themselves.