SADD makes preschoolers HAPPY with Christmas activity

Cheyenne Morrow, Staff Writer

On Wednesday December 23, 2015 students were selected to go down to JMES to sing to the preschoolers in Mrs. Moser’s room. Since this was the last day of school before Christmas break, students were allowed to participate in pajama day. There was a morning session and an afternoon session.

The morning crew consisted of Olivia Wolfe, Austin McGinnis, Anthony Morelli, Tyler Phillips, Gracie Assion, Olivia Johnson, Justin McGinnis, Courtney Macphee, Michaelina Terranova, and Cheyenne Morrow.

The afternoon crew consisted of Sierra Huff, Josh Spalding, David Vega, Sarah Barry, Ashley Cameron, Connor Kleinknecht, Ashley Totani, Tiffany Voland, Alayna Wofton, and Heather Kirk.

Prior to caroling, there were numerous craft stations that were set up for the preschoolers that the high school students helped with, such as making reindeer food and creating wreath ornaments. The high school students also got the opportunity to talk to the kids and play games with them while they were there. Right before caroling started, Olivia Wolfe read The Night Before Christmas for the morning session while Alayna Wofton read it for the afternoon session.

Carols that were sung included: Jingle Bells, The Twelve Days of Christmas, A Holly Jolly Christmas, Deck the Hall, Frosty the Snowman, and many more.

SADD does this every year to help promote positive actions year round in the student’s lives at home and at school. SADD also tries their hardest to spread the Christmas spirit and the idea of “togetherness” during these times.