JM is excited about the addition of a Spanish Club

Cheyenne Morrow, Staff Writer

Jackson-Milton is continuing to make history by doing things that have not been done before. This year, for the first time ever, Jackson-Milton has started a Spanish Club for all high school Spanish students to have the opportunity to join and get involved with. The students in each Spanish class had the chance to voice their opinions regarding whom they believed deserved to hold a position, whether it was president, vice president, treasurer, or secretary. Once nominations were finished, Spanish club officers were decided. Steven Yuhasz was elected president, Maggie Garland was elected vice president, Olivia Wolfe was elected treasurer, and Bridget Welsch was elected secretary. These officers are responsible for planning out future events and fundraisers involving Spanish club.

The Spanish club has already started thinking of fundraisers with the rest of the Blue Jay community. President Steven Yuhasz and Vice President Maggie Garland decided on varying shirts for members of the Spanish Club as one of the first fundraisers. These shirts will be available only to members of Spanish Club, however a headband fundraiser involving the entire community is also taking place. The headbands are made by a former Jackson-Milton graduate and are loved by both girls and guys. They have “Blue Jays” written in either blue or white ink on them and are a good way to support and represent the Blue Jay community. This is just the beginning for Spanish Club. The Spanish Club plans on having more fundraisers and holding activities for the rest of the student body and the rest of the community to be involved in!