Middle school Student Council students host first dance for Halloween

Joseph Williams

Dances at Jackson-Milton High School, middle school, and elementary happen throughout the course of the year. Specifically, on October 31st, a Halloween dance was hosted in the cafeteria at the high school. The Dance took place at 4:30 pm. There was a DJ there playing the latest hip music throughout the dance, his name was DJ Dominic.

Mrs. Amy Kelecava was the teacher in charge of organizing this dance. There was food for the kids to eat there, pizza, chips, and soda. Each ticket was $5 and were sold throughout the week during school hours. Student Council sponsored this dance, helped organize the dance,  and helped during the dance for anything the kids needed.

Prizes were awarded for the best costume, since it was indeed Halloween.

Mrs. Kelecava is planning on having another dance. She replied, “Yes, we are hoping to plan for a spring dance.”

This dance included grades 6, 7, and 8, so it was a relatively large dance. Specifically, there were around 100 kids. Throughout the dance, they played different games like, “Limbo.”

Mrs. Kelecava stated, “Students got to experience the Jackson-Milton community outside of the classroom.” Going on, Mrs. Kelecava highly recommends you to join any clubs possible so you can have fun in school like she does. Overall, this dance is very beneficial for the young students, because it gets them out of the classroom to interact with their classmates in a safe, friendly, and fun environment.