2020 Seniors preparing for the next step

Sierra Smallwood

High school graduation: one of the most terrifying yet exciting moments of an adolescent’s life. This year, at Jackson – Milton, there are many seniors who are planning to have quite promising futures waiting for them outside of these walls.   With the growth, knowledge, and all of the chances they have been given to succeed provided by Jackson – Milton, they are sure to come out on top.

Darien Arthur, one of the senior students looking to be a pediatrician after high school, “The school helped me a bit in finding what school (college/ university) I wanted to go to and what was a good match for me and what I want in my life in the future.” 

A lot of seniors are planning to further their education. Many are ready to go to a lot of the nearby universities and colleges suggested by Jackson – Milton. Already, there are students who have gotten accepted by their chosen university or college and with the school’s help they have everything or the means to get everything they may need to attend.

Some seniors are gearing up to go into the trades field, to fill in the loss of labor in these areas over the years, like welding and electricity work. There has yet to be a senior, by my account at least, that has absolutely no idea what they will do with themselves after high school. 

In conclusion, the graduating class of 2020 is looking to be an amazing group of graduating students, ready to chase their dreams, prepared to acquire their futures, and make a difference.