Robotics Club

Camryn Mitchell

Jackson-Milton has many fun extra-curricular activities to do out of school like Drama Club, Key Club, and one of the newer clubs, Robotics. Robotics is a very fun and competitive club that students attend after school, they have meetings and then competitions to show off their work and compete against different schools.

One of the students at Jackson-Milton, Kaylie Carson just joined this year, her senior year and says, “Robotics is a great way for me to learn team effort and not everything can be so individual. It is a fun club to participate in and a great way to do something school related out of school.”

Another student at Jackson-Milton Jonathan Lanham says, “I really do like robotics, it all starts at the beginning of the year when we tear the robot from the previous year apart and look at all the materials we can throw away or keep. It’s very time consuming but very fun as well. I like working with other people to achieve an end goal and Robotics helps me do that.”

Mr. Mohr a teacher at Jackson-Milton, advises Robotics and says, “There are many competitions that take place in January. I have been a part of Robotics for a few years now and it is a fun out of school club that helps students learn while enjoying it.”

Clearly many students that are in Robotics enjoy it and will continue to do it till they graduate. It’s all about a learning experience, team effort and having to work with others is a great quality to have, and Robotics accomplishes it. As you can see Robotics is a great out of school club to keep the students engaged.