Spring Fling event results in Teacher win for 2019

Every year, Jackson-Milton Middle and High School hosts the annual Spring Fling to start off Spring Break. The Spring Fling is a series of volleyball games with each grade going against each other. The 8th grade and freshman go up against each other, sophomores against the juniors, and the seniors against the teachers. Each team is coached by different members of the Student Council. Admission was $2 per person and all the money goes to senior scholarships. This event was hosted by the Student Council and Miss Amendolara, the teacher advisor.

The first game was against the 8th graders and the freshman class, it had a slow start but at the end, it was a nail-biting with the freshman being victorious. The second game was versus the sophomore and junior class, with two of the biggest grades going head to head, there was a lot of room for strategy. The juniors ended up being victorious on the close point end.  

Shane Davis, coach of the junior class, describes his win against the sophomores as, “It was a pretty good win, this is my second time coaching volleyball and at the end of it is a business and I am happy we dominated the sophomores.”

The final game was against the teachers and the senior class, the seniors only had eight students participating so they had a lot of ground to cover the teachers had similar numbers so they were on equal ground. The first out of the two games was the slowest, but by the last one, the seniors got their mojo back and were consistent. The teachers were victorious and are still undefeated.

Mrs.Yantes , an English teacher at Jackson-Milton High School shares her feelings on the teachers’ big win as, “ They did, they really did!”