New Semester, New Courses

Shane Davis

New Semester means new courses for all of the high School students. Often students will change their schedules at the end of the semester, which is towards the end of January every year, to drop and pick up new classes. Most teachers offer new classes for the new semester and brings new opportunities for students.

When asked about the feelings of teaching new classes, PE teacher Mr. Sachire said, “I like being in the gym and it’s an opportunity for the students to run around and not be confined to a chair and release their energy.” Mr. Sachire will teach a new PE 10 and Competitive Sports class this semester.

Students were asked how they felt about schedule changes and adjustments, Justin Popsin said, “I like the schedule changes because it gives me a chance to make it easier on myself, I can drop an elective I’m not as interested in and pick a new one that better suits me.”

Mrs. Barns offers a variety of new classes every semester like her new class “Quick Snacks” and “Interior design.” When asked about the new semester, Mrs. Barnes said, “I just feel like it’s the first day of school all over again.”

In 4th period Miss Bauman will offer a graphic novel class, where students will be able to draw and create comics and stories.