Spring Band Concert

Spring Band Concert

Hailey Clear

The Jackson-Milton band had their spring concert on May 14, 2018 in the cafetorium at the high school. This year though things were  a little different. The band had their awards banquet on the same night as the concert. The band also had tables set up with cookies and drinks for the parents, students, and kids. They could enjoy them while chatting with everyone and taking pictures.

The band played Skulduggery by Gene Milf, Rivanna River March by Steve Hodges, United Nations by Karl L. King, Cinema Paradiso by Ennio Morricone, and Incredibles by Michael Giacchino.

Between each song Mr. Kittle and Ms. Presutti handed out the awards to the band members from grades 5 – 12. Students were called up by grade to the stage to receive their awards.  Fifth through Eighth grade students all received certificates.

Freshmen received a certificate and a pin of the instrument they play. Sophomores also received a certificate and a letter for band. Juniors were also received a certificate and a patch for their letterman jacket. Finally, the Seniors were given a certificate and a rose, the rose is part of a tradition for band graduates to represent that even though they are closing a chapter in their lives that there are still amazing things to come. The Seniors were also given gift bags with a cool water bottle and a $20 gift card to Dunkin’ Donuts.