ACT Test Prep

Hailey Clear

The ACT Prep classes are held every Wednesday for five weeks for all the juniors leading up to the free A.C.T test they take. The class is held every week in Mr. Mohr’s science room, so that the students can have a quiet environment to learn.

The person who runs this program is Mr. David L. Dicicco, he has been  working with students for many years. He has gone to many different schools and buildings, holding these classes for any student who needs the help. At JM, Mrs. Wiery, the Jackson-Milton guidance counselor, is also there to help Mr. Dicicco with the students.

During the few hours that the students are learning with Mr. Dicicco he teaches them different ways and helpful tips on how to take the A.C.T. When the juniors enter the class for the first time Mr. Dicicco supplies each student with an ACT practice book, a notepad, and various different little tools for learning how to navigate the ACT. Mr. Dicicco also does a number of little skits and/or jokes to help lighten the mood and keep the students entertained enough to listen. He also provides the students snacks and beverages to have on some of the small breaks they take.

Many of the students are glad to have the extra knowledge and help from Mr. Dicicco’s class. The juniors started the class on January 10 and will be taking their free ACT on February 27.