Cheerleading Competition Season

Liz Pifer

The cheerleaders went to competition on December 10, 2017 at Hoover High School. They performed at that competition to get prepared for other competitions and qualify for series champion.  For series champion, you have to have the highest score from 3 competitions.

The cheerleaders that competed were: Gianna Arquilla, Brianna Shannon, Emily Macphee, Kassie Sarver, Jordan Stratton, Autumn Cairns, Alyson Sardich, Hannah Burnside, Kaylee Rader, Kailey Sarver, Raenah Rader, and Sarah Rader.

The teams that they were up against were: Labrae High School, Elyria High School, Mcdonald High School, Cardinal High School, and North Canton High School. Elyria got 1st place, Jackson got 2nd place, and Labrae got 3rd place.

When the girls were performing and during the wait for the music to the second dance, the cheer time athletics (the people who run the competition) did something wrong with the music. When they couldn’t get the music to play, the coach started to yell out the counts for the dance and the crowd started to clap and stomp along while they did their dance without the music. After that, they finally got the music to work,  they went back on to finish the performance.

Gianna said, “I liked watching other schools and performing and giving it my all.”

Kassie said, “My first competition of senior year honestly went much better than expected. We tried our best and got second place. I’m so proud of this team, it’s a great group to finish out with!”

Brianna says, “When our second dance music didn’t play right away, I got nervous. I knew once we began it with counts we would pull through and show the crowd and judges the best performance we had.”