Christmas Traditions

Logan Grunder

Christmas traditions are an annual part of people’s Christmas celebrations. Families across the globe celebrate Christmas in different ways. Whether it be going around caroling, or having a formal Christmas Dinner. There is an abundance of different traditions. Yet they all have one thing in common. Staying in the Christmas spirit is the most important thing to families who celebrate in special ways.

Freshman, Dana Saunders’ Christmas tradition is nothing out of the ordinary. The typical waking up and opening presents with your family. As the day goes on she spends time with friends and family, while they share moments over dinner and desserts while Christmas movies and music are being played throughout the day.

Sophomore, Anthony Eppendorfer, also has special Christmas traditions. “We watch “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” in our pajamas and drink hot cocoa. We also open our stockings on Christmas Eve.”

Sophomore Joey Williams says, “Every year we bake cookies and leave them out for Santa with a gallon of milk, we go to our relatives and eat dinner.”

These students all each have different traditions they do with their families. My personal Christmas traditions consist of, I wake up very early to open presents, eating breakfast with my family, then going to get ready to spend the rest of the morning at church. After that we just chill out all day and wait for Christmas dinner with all of my family.