JM students race to participate in YSU Crash Day

Emily Williams, Staff Writer

YSU Crash Day is a day where high school juniors and seniors can walk around the college campus and observe life as a YSU penguin. Students can visit classes, talk to professors and current students, learn about majors, and try out the campus food. YSU had two days that were available for students to go: Friday, November 3 and Friday, November 17.

Many students from Jackson-Milton took this opportunity to explore and some even went twice. Students such as Kendall Tarr and Taylor Hayes made the choice to go both days so as to explore different majors.

When asked about her experience on campus Taylor Hayes said, “It was a great experience for me to really explore the campus as if I was a student at YSU. I was able to meet many students and get their honest opinion which will help me in the future when it is time to make my decision about college.”

Kendall Tarr went to both available crash days at YSU because he is unsure what field he wants to major in. This was a great opportunity for him because YSU made it possible for him. Kendall came back from each visit and talked about his experience, “YSU was a great school that really gave me a great opportunity. I am still undecided in what I want to major in and being able to explore both options was very helpful.”

College is a big decision and YSU had a special day to try and ease some of that stress.