New Club: Christian Athletic Program

New Club: Christian Athletic Program

Hailey Clear, Staff Writer

This year in Jackson-Milton High School we have a new Christian Athletic Program. The Christian Athletic Program was first considered last year by sophomore Camron Perry after hearing the amazing speech by Brad Hurtig from The Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Students may all remember Brad Hurtig when they think about listening to his incredible story of overcoming the loss of his arms.

It was during this time that Perry decided that, “The FCA was a perfect way to be an example and gather all the Christians in our school.” Perry runs the program with the help of Robert Kimpel, the FCA director of our area. The purpose of this group, Perry says, is to, “gather Christians in our school for the betterment of our community and school.” The people in this program help plan events and give their input on different things.

This program has four student leaders including Camron Perry, Rachel Lanham, Chase DeDominic and Ariel Stratton. This group will be meeting on Tuesdays in October, on Wednesdays in November, on Thursdays in December, etc.

These meetings will be held at 7:00 a.m. in the cafetorium. There was also a prayer at the pole held on Wednesday, September 27, 2017. The week of September 24-30 is also known as the week of global student prayer.