A Night in New York: Homecoming 2017

Seniors Sierra Fife (Queen) and Kendall Tarr (King) during the Court Dance

Sierra Fife, Staff Writer

Every year in October the homecoming dance comes around, this year the dance landed on October 7th, 2017. The homecoming dance is put on by teacher Miss Amendolara and members of student council.

Every year at the homecoming football game/parade seniors are crowned king and queen, last year Maggie Garland and Travis Tikkanen were the Queen and King. Meanwhile, this year the crowns were passed down to Sierra Fife and Kendall Tarr. The homecoming dance took place from 6:30-9:30 pm at the Shrine is North Jackson were the students are able to sit down and have a meal and also dance to music.

The homecoming dance is something the students get excited for during the year and it will be a dance that continues to go on.

Senior Emily Williams says, “I enjoy going to homecoming and getting dressed up.”

This year at homecoming the students were able to sit with their friends while enjoying chicken, pasta, green beans, rolls, cheesy potatoes, salad, and cake. The theme for homecoming changes every year, this year the theme was chosen as New York by the student council members, they got adorable decorations like a red carpet, a statue of liberty cut out, and even paparazzi cut outs.

Senior Sierra Fife said, “Getting crowned as queen was an amazing opportunity and I’m happy for anyone in the future that gets it also.”