New STEM Lab at JM: Fishbowl Graphics

New STEM Lab at JM:  Fishbowl Graphics

Sierra Fife, Staff Writer

As the new school year has approached, new opportunities have been given to Jackson-Milton students. One of the new, amazing features at Jackson Milton is the new STEM lab that is provided to the students in the old computer lab.

STEM is science, technology, engineering, and math. The STEM classes are provided to grades 7-12, they are hoping to expand the knowledge of students starting at a young age.

8th grader Austin Ellis says, “I love this class because I love working with technology.” Whenever the students enter the classroom the first thing they do is get a computer, provided by the school, and each of them go onto their classroom website where notes, homework, videos, etc are provided. The students enjoy being able to work on computers instead of paper and pencil, this is a benefit to not only them in STEM but it will help them in their future while technology is improving every day.

Teacher, Mr. Stephen Mohr also teachers chemistry, environmental sustainability, forensics, anatomy, CCP biology, design solutions, creative entrepreneurship, and physics along with all STEM classes.

Mr. Mohr says, “This is a new experience.”

The students do not take tests but they do get to interact with one another while working on projects and learning about new things in the world. The students are learning about engineering and innovation design at this time, but as the school year goes on things will change and they will get more advanced.

Everyone is excited about the new STEM class and the new opportunities Jackson-Milton is creating.  Mr. Mohr is excited to see the growth of the students and the growth of the classroom as the new STEM lab continues to develop.