Students get creative with the Food Pyramid

Michael Spencer, Staff Writer

Over the past month at Jackson-Milton High School, two classrooms have been creating a picture of a food pyramid for a contest run by head cook, Shari Jones.

Mrs. Jones says the state of Ohio requires that a picture/diagram of the food pyramid must be hung up in every school’s lunch room in the state of Ohio. Mrs. Jones also added “ I figured the best way to get these pyramids is to let our students talent of art work show by doing so.”

She went to two classrooms, Mrs. Umbel’s computer class and Miss Amendolara’s art class to each have a competition within the classroom to see who could create the best picture.

There are two winners for each class and they would receive free snacks at the lunch room for a week. The reason for there to be two winners from each class is because two of the pictures will be hung up in the middle/high school lunchroom and the other two pictures will be hung in the elementary lunchroom.

To win the contest the picture had to be creative and had to have the correct categories in the pyramid. The two winners of the computer room classroom were Chloe Maffei and Sydney Miller and they have received their prize.

The competition in the art room yielded several winners:  Ryan Staton, Bailey Estes, Raenah Rader, Sama Mufleh, Makayla Maas, and Spencer Christopher.  Congratulations to all students whose projects were selected!