Homecoming festivities are a “Great” success!

Zach Socha, Staff Writer

homecoming-2016-2017-28

The 2016 Homecoming parade was absolutely amazing and all of the young kids had a great time running around getting candy. The high school had a float competition, it was who could build the best float. The junior class won this contest with a Pirate ship themed float.  Their theme was to “sink the Trojans” because the Homecoming game was against the Sebring Trojans.  Congratulations to the juniors on their third consecutive win!

The homecoming dance, “The Great Gatsby,” was at The Shrine on Lipkey Road Saturday October 8.  Everyone enjoyed the food which included a catered meal by Blue Wolf of pasta with a red sauce, chicken, salad, and green beans.  There was great music being played and everyone had a wonderful time.  Some of the seniors were asked about the dance and  the seniors agreed it was the best homecoming they have ever been to.

They king and queen were announced at the beginning of the football game on Friday.  The royal couple was Maggie Garland and Travis Tikkanen. There was no homecoming court dance, but no one seemed upset about that.  Everyone looked amazing at the dance in their best dresses and suits. The Student Council did an amazing job planning the the homecoming dance and parade.