New Construction brings new possibilities

John Landis

New in the Jackson- Milton Community, we are currently adding a new auxiliary gymnasium and an extension to our weight room.

This has brought much excitement to our athletic coaches and our fellow student athletes here at Jackson- Milton.

The new additions are expected to be done before the 2019 year ends, in hopes before Christmas break as well.

The excitement is very high as some of our very own have made comments regarding the additions.

Principal Mr. Vega has high hopes as he says, “ I’m excited to see more facilities for the students to use. I also believe that we could use the new auxiliary gym to open up possibilities for more gym classes. We could also use the auxiliary gym to create more practices and basketball games for our 7-12 teams and even for the annual Harry M. Lay tournament we have every year. All in all, it’s about what the students are getting out of it ,which is most important.”

Junior Michael French states, “ I can’t wait to see what the new weight room looks like. I know there will be more room so I can throw some major weights around.”   

Freshman Trent Joseph has some hopes for our new facilities as well, “ I can’t wait for the weight room extension, I want to be able to get stronger and see the football team have a good season again.” 

Head football and track coach, Mr. Brode had some things to say as well, “ Oh excited is an understatement. I can’t wait to get my football guys pumping the iron and getting stronger in the new and improved weight room. Hopefully with the addition of the auxiliary gym, I can get my track guys in shape on the cold days without having to actually run out in the cold.”

Even fellow staff is excited to see what the new additions to the building can bring to our athletic programs. Thank you and good luck to the students on a successful school year!